Horn Bill Club Department Of Zoology
- Started: on 04/09/2016
This college situated in the hill ranges of Sahyadri mountains, Sahyadri mountain range is declared as World Heritage Site by UNESCO and it is one of the Hottest hot spot for biological diversity of both flora and fauna. Sahyadri ranges start from Gujart state, runs through Maharashtra, Goa, Kerala and ending at Kanyakurmari of Tamil Nadu State. It has approximate length from north (Gujarat) to south (Tamil Nadu) of 1600 km (990 mi). In Maharashtra State, Sahyadri Ranges runs parallel to coastal line in approximate of 840 km. Throughout it topographically displays in to peaks, hill stations, valleys and plateau. Such habitats are enormously diversified for various plants and animal. These habitats are also showing the some rare, endemic and threaten wild plant and animal species. Western Ghats forest of Maharashtra is hottest spot for wild biological diversity, ideal for natural resources, site for researcher and nature lover.
Dr. V. M. Lagade
- B. Sc. Part II Year Students
- B. Sc. Part III Year Students
It is also worldwide famous for Bison Wildlife Sanctuary since 1958. Besides this such historical natural habitat it has been severely fragmented and comes under extreme threats due to various human activities such as
- Encroachment of forest habitat for agricultural practices,
- Industrial and Human development,
- Deforestation, Mining, pollution,
- Wild animal killing and poaching
- Trading of wild life etc
Being as researcher of biological science, it is my prime work to study the above threats, identify the base cause, find out remedies, conservative strategy to minimise the pressure of human activities through awareness. And protect or conserve the natural wealth of Western Ghats of Maharashtra. For this we have started and inaugurated the Horn Bill Club by Department of Zoology, Shri Yashwantrao Patil Science College, Solankur on dated 04th October, 2016. Through this club the Teachers, experts and students we will study wild life, threats and conservative methods.
- To survey Western Ghats particularly Radhanagari, Budhargad and Gaganbawda forest area.
- Spatial and seasonal observation, identification and data compilation of wild animal particularly birds, snake, butterfly, moths and some important insects.
- Identify the Eco-sensitive, endemic and special habitat like Sacred grove and their associated animals and its present status.
- Identify the human conflict with forest habitat and wild animals and blind belief in connection with birds and other wildlife.
- Identify the threats on distribution, behaviour, nesting of birds along with conservative strategy for threaten species and other wildlife as well.
- Arrange campaign, expert lecture, awareness programme among society particularly hilly area, among school and college students.
- Study the Ecology and Behavior of Wild animals (particularly threaten animals)
- Identify threats and anthropogenic activities impact on wildlife and natural resources.
- Provide education and create awareness among students and society about wildlife.
Hornbill Activity 2021-22
Hornbill Activity 2020-21
Hornbill Activity 2019-20
Hornbill Activity 2018-19
Hornbill Activity 2018-19