Student Grievance Redressal Committee
The Student Grievance Redressal Committee aims to meet timely redress of grievances and concerns by learners as and when they arise. The Student Grievance Redressal Committee maintains a conducive and unprejudiced educational environment. The students can state their grievance regarding any academic and nonacademic matter within the campus through grievance/ the suggestion box or by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or orally in front of the Coordinator / Members of Student Grievance Redressal Committee or Principal. All complaints are scrutinized by the Grievance Redressal Committee as well the resolutions are recorded and Complaints of students are redressed as soon as possible.
The Student Grievance Redressal Committee has been constituted for the redressal of the problems reported by the Students of the College with the following objectives:
- To support Students who have deprived of the services offered by the College, for which he/she is entitled.
- To ensure effective solution to the student’s grievances with an impartial and fair approach.
- Suggestion / complaint Box have been installed in front of college office in which the Students, who want to remain anonymous, put in writing their grievances and their suggestions for improving the Academics / Administration in the College.
- Upholding the dignity of the College by ensuring strife free atmosphere in the College through promoting cordial Student-Student relationship and Student- Staff relationship etc.
- Bridging the gap between college management, teachers and students.
- To encourage the students to express their problems / grievances frankly and freely and without any fear of being victimized.
- To attend all applications relating to the grievances of the students.
- To create and implement a mechanism to handle the reported grievances.
- To forward the findings to the Management if necessary for further action.
- To counsel the students whenever necessary to resolve their grievances.
- To convene periodical meetings to discuss whether the grievances have been settled.
- To prepare Minutes and Action Taken Report of the meeting of Student Grievance Redressal Committee.
With reference to the UGC regulation 2023 of student grievance redressal committee, for timely redress student’s grievances, the student grievance redressal committee is restructured in the college. Following is the restructure of committee.
|1||Dr. G. G. Chougale||Principal||Chairman|
|2||Mr. A. P. Patil||Assistant Professor||Coordinator|
|3||Dr. S. H. Tamboli||Assistant Professor||Member|
|4||Mr. S. D. Gorshetwar||Assistant Professor||Member|
|5||Dr. A. D. Kamble||Assistant Professor||Member|
|6||Dr. S. V. Bhosale||Assistant Professor||Member|
|7||Mr. Pratiraj Dhanaji Patil||Student (B. Sc. III Chem, Sports)||Student Representative|
Procedure to solve a complaint:
- The students may feel free to put up a grievance through the suggestion box or by mail to email@example.com or orally in front of the Coordinator / Members of Student Grievance Redressal Committee or Principal.
- The suggestion box is opened 15th date of every month by the Coordinator or Principal in front of committee members.
- The committee act upon those cases which have been in rules of the committee.
- The committee will ensure that the grievance has been adequately resolved within the time frame that the committee has set.
Follow up and covering:
- Student grievance redressal committee shall coordinate, cover and insure redressal within the quested time (maximum 10 days) after the grievance arises to committee.
- Depending up on the soberness of grievance the committee will follow them up regularly till their final disposal.
The following issues are not acceptable to the student grievance committee.
- Decision of the Shivaji University and administrative committees or management of the college.
- Decision related to award of scholarships / fee concessions / awards / medals.
- Decision made by college under the Discipline rules and misconduct.
- Decision of the college in admissions of my courses.
- Decision of the competent authority on assessment and examination result.