About Library :
- Library is a ‘Heart’ of Institute. Teaching and learning system are supported by library through reading material.
- The library Established in year 2009.
- Our Library is well equipped with textbooks, reference books, journals, magazine newspapers, and internet facility.
- At present, 4314 books are available in the Library.
- Besides, study room facility is made available to the students.
- The total area of the library is 530 sq.fts.
- There are two issuing counters for the students.
- The Facility of Open Access System adopted in the Library.
- In library use DDC classification scheme and books arrangement is broken order system.
Objectives of the Library :
- Support teaching-learning process.
- Promote the reading habits.
- Satisfy user’s needs to optimum level.
- See that every book has its reader.
- Provide every reader his / her books & Information.
- Computerize the library housekeeping activities.
Best Practices of the Library :
- Open Access System for students & Staff
- Information Literacy to new students.
- Career & Employment Information.
- Suggestion Box and timely Response
- Displaying new arrivals list. (New Books & Periodicals)
Library Committee :
- Library committee has been functioning since 2014. The Library committee members meet three times in the year to frame various policies about the library, purchases of books, journals and others matters.
- The chairman of the committee is the Principal of the College and the librarian as the Secretary and faculty members in the committee.
- Briefly, the committee makes an effort to resolve the problems in the library.
Members of Library Committee :
- Principal Dr. S.A. Manjare – Chairman
- Dr. G.G. Chougale – Member
- Dr. S.V. Madhale – Member
- Dr. V.M. Lagade – Member
- Dr. R.B. Patil – Member
- Shri. P.S. Pawar – Member
- Shri. A.P. Patil – Member
- Dr. S.T. Magdum – Member
- Shri. R. M. Meshram – Secretary
Library Area :
|Sr. No.||Description||Area (sq fts)|
All the students, faculty members and non-teaching staff of the college are entitled to get the membership of the library.
Readers of the library are as follows-
|1||B.Sc Part -I||230|
|2||B.Sc Part –II||212|
|3||B.Sc Part -III||240|
Responsibility of Librarian
- Library development and Administration Supervision
- Acquisition of Periodicals.
- User Orientation
- Stock Verification Report
- Control over library dues, staff and student
- Subject wise expenditure
- Book issuing to staff members
- Library statistics
- Data Entry
- Issuing of Borrower tickets.
- Preparation of database.
- Issuing Of Identity Cards.
- To issue library no dues
- Accessioning of books
- Reference service
- Periodical section administration.
- New Book & Periodical Purchase, etc.
Responsibility of Library Attendant
- Book Issuing
- Books Shelving and cleaning.
- Help to Accessioning of new books.
- Librarian under other works.
|Working days||09.00 am to 05.00 pm|
|Before and during examination days||09.00 am to 05.00 pm|
|During vacation||09.00 am to 02.00 pm|
Time Table for Borrowing Books
|1||Monday||B.Sc. I||09.00 am to 05.00 pm|
|2||Tuesday||B.Sc. II||09.00 am to 05.00 pm|
|3||Wednesday||B.Sc. III||09.00 am to 05.00 pm|
|4||Thursday||B.Sc. I||09.00 am to 05.00 pm|
|5||Friday||B.Sc. II||09.00 am to 05.00 pm|
|6||Saturday||B.Sc. III||09.00 am to 05.00 pm|
Rules for Students :
- Student should carry Identity card while entering the Library.
- Keep silence in Library.
- Keep Mobiles switched off before entering the Library.
- Enter your name in entry register before entering the Reading Room.
- Only two books can be borrowed on Library card.
- Student can keep books for 7 days if submitted after due date student will have to pay Rs. 1 per day.
- Put all your belongings at the property counter.
- Don’t disturb the arrangement of books on the shelves.
- A book once taken out of the shelves must be left lying on the nearby tables. Library staff will replace the book at the proper shelf.
- If you don’t find what you actually require, the librarian & the library staff may please to help you.
- While borrowing, student must check the page of book. The damaged books should be brought to notice of Library staff, otherwise the cost of the books will be recovered as per library rules or book should be replaced.
- Librarian can call back books from student if urgently requirement for library work.
- Help to keep the books Fresh & Clean.
- Library Card must be returned to Library before leaving the College or receiving Clearance Certificate.
Rules for Teachers :
- Teachers will be issued five books at a time, the transaction of the books will be carried throughout the day.
- Reader should not misplace any book while referring it.
- In case of loss of any book, the reader has to replace the book with latest edition.
- The book should be kept for the prescribed time limit, unless recalled by the librarian in the meantime.
Amount Spent on Books, Periodical & E-resources On 22 February 2022
|Numbers||Cost (Rs)||Numbers||Cost (Rs)||Numbers||Cost (Rs)||Numbers||Cost (Rs)||Numbers||Cost (Rs)|
Collection of the Library : (On 22 February 2022)
|Books & Reference||Total No of Books||4314|
|Total No of Titles||2079|
|Total No of Reference Books||1577|
|Total No of Textbooks (B.Sc)||2397|
|Total No of Dictionaries||38|
|Total No of Encyclopedia||16|
|Total of other Books (Novels/Drama)||309|
|Journals &||Total No of Journals||12|
|Periodicals||Total No of Magazine||6|
|Total No of Newspapers||3|
|E- Resources||E- Resources (CD/DVD Format)||19|
|Expense amount||Total Cost of Books||745055|
|Total Cost of Periodical (2018-19)*||18180|
|Total Cost of Books (2018-19)*||33969|
|Users||Total No of Users||737|
|Teaching (20)/Nonteaching Staff(13)||33|
DDC – Classification Scheme
Our Library follows ‘Dewey Decimal Classification’.
The arrangement of books is as follows.
First Summary – 10 Main Class
|600||Technology (Applied Science)|
|700||The Fine Arts|
|900||Geography, Biography and History|
|Agricultural Biotechnology||660.66||Environmental Biology||574.9|
|Analytical Chemistry||543||flowering Plants||582|
|Applied Physics||621||Gardening in India||635.54|
|applied Spectroscopy||535.8||Gardening in Maharashtra||635.5479|
|Atomic And Nuclear Physics||539.7||Geometry||516|
|Behavior of Animal||591.5||Heat||536|
|Biography of Actor||791.4392||Indian Constitution||342.540 2|
|Biography of Chemists||540.92||Industrial Chemistry||661.3|
|Biography of Man||920.71||Inorganic Chemistry||546|
|Biography of Marathi Author||891.46092||Invertebrate Zoology||592|
|Biography of Physists||530.92||Laboratory Techniques||540.78|
|Biography of Political Man||923.2||Macromolecular of Organic Chemistry||547.7|
|Biography of Scientists||530.92||Marathi Magazine||59.1463|
|Biography of tennists||927.96342||Marathi poetry||891.461|
|Biography of Women||920.72||Mathematical Physics||530.1|
|Biology||570||Method of Teaching in Science||507.8|
|Bird others than Poultry||636.6||Modern Physics||539|
|Upland Game Birds||598.6||Nanotechnology||620.5|
|Botany: Plant Breeding||631.5||Natural Resources & Biodiversity||333.91|
|Cell Biology||574.8||Nucleic Acid||665.8|
|Chemical Thermodynamics||541.369||Organic Chemistry||547|
|Chemistry||540||Philosophy & Psychology||126|
|Chordate & Developmental Biology||574.3||Philosophy & Psychology||153.9|
|Civil Service Examination||351.3||Philosophy & Psychology||158.1|
|Classical mechanics||531||Physical Chemistry||541.3|
|Classification of fishes In India||639.254||Physics||531.6|
|Dairy Microbiology||637||Plants (Botany)||580|
|Ecology of Botany||581.6||Religion Philosophy||200.1|
|Electromagnetism||538||Standard English Usage||428|
|Energy in Quantum mechanics||530.12||State Government Rules||351.1|
|English Dictionary||423||The Self||126|
|English Grammar||425||Visual Dictionary||11|
|Environment Studies||363.7||Zoology (Animals)||591|
Library services & Facilities:
1. Reading Room Facility:
- News Paper Reading.
- Periodicals and Journals Reading.
- Textbook Reading.
2. Lending of Documents(Borrowing Facility):
- Each student can issue two books at a time for a week.
- Teaching and non-teaching staff can issue five books for one academic session.
- Question papers of university exams, university syllabus are also available for reference.
- At the end of the session, library clearance is compulsory for all categories.
- Weaker sections are provided with an additional book.
3. Current Awareness Service:
- Latest additions to the library are displayed on the notice board.
4. Newspaper Clipping Service:
- The records of the Newspaper clippings describing events in the college as well as news related to the college are maintained.
5. Internet Access:
- Internet facility is available to the students at two terminals. They can access internet by free.
6. Special Service – Deposit Scheme.
- Books are issued to students for university examinations during summer vacations, on full deposit basis.100% of the amount is refunded after the clearance from the library.
7. Inter Library loan Service
- Inter Library loan Service under Book Exchange with other college libraries.
- Doodhsakhar Mahavidyalaya, Bidri
- Sadashivrao Mahadlik, Mahavidyalaya, Murgud.
- Inter Library loan Service under Book Exchange with other college libraries.
8. E-Resources facility
- Various Electronic Resources (E-Resources) facility is available to www.ypsclibrary.blogspot.com of our Library Blog. This library blog is free access and open to all.
Future Plan of Library :
- Computerization of the Library
- Create Book Catalogue on OPAC System.
- To purchase N-LIST Journal (E-Resources).
- To organize National level Conference & Seminar.
- Book Bank’s Scheme to all students.