Department of Mathematics and Statistics
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics was established in the year 2014-15. The Department offering three year graduate level Mathematics course and two year graduate level Statistics course, both are well designed by Shivaji University, Kolhapur. The Department has two qualified and experienced staff having good teaching and research profile.
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics as an important component of our college. The Department has everything you may possibly need. In addition to a demanding academic programs, the department provides a stimulating learning environment for students. Our students are exposed to a wide range of job options that expand on what they learn from our degree programs through regular visits from experts in the field.
Additionally, staff members at our college are constantly working to find the finest mathematical and statistical solutions to a wide range of problems. The department has worked hard to ensure that students receive the best possible education. The Department’s purpose has always been to instil in the students a drive to succeed, to display creativity, and to create a feeling of social responsibility. Consequently, academic programs at the Department are subject to regular assessments and monitoring.
The department’s greatest asset is the quality of its faculty members. All faculty members are full-time and hold SET, NET, and pursuing Ph.D. in their respective fields. The regular faculty members have a long history of teaching.
|Sr. No||Name of the Faculty||Subject||Qualification||Designation|
|1||Mr. AMARNATH PANDIT PATIL||Mathematics||M.Sc., NET(JRF), SET, M.Phil.||Assistant Professor and Head|
|2||Mr. SWAPNIL DATTATRAY KHORATE||Statistics||M.Sc., NET, SET||Assistant Professor|
|3||Mr. KUMAR SADASHIV KAMBLE||B.Sc.||Lab. Assistant|
|4||Mr. SUDIP DATTATRAY PATIL||B.A.||Lab. Attendant|
To develop analysis skill of students to solve real life situation problems.
- The staff members are young, energetic and active.
- Continuous evaluation and assessment of student’s progress.
- To increase the number of higher education enrolled students’.
- To provide the advanced teaching equipment’s.
- To bring the industries for student’s placements.
Future plans of the department:
The possibilities are endless, and so is our drive to reach out.
For the Departmental performance improvisation, the Department of Mathematics is looking forward to introduce the future plan as below:
- The Department is planning to overcome the current laboratory facilities as well as departmental library facilities which helps to students. Students will work/study under the guidance of faculty within department.
- To develop a research computer laboratory with varies Mathematical software’s for the improvement of interest in research for staff and also for students.
- The department is planning to run various interactive sessions to train the students to become knowledgeable and intellectual regarding the basics of the subject and improve their soft skills in both theory and practical’s.
- The department is looking forward to keep the updated practical laboratory as per the Shivaji University, Kolhapur standards.
- The department proposes to apply for various activities like personality development e. g. english communication lectures, group discussion etc.
- For student’s carrier concern, the department is planning to start a counselling cell, which will conduct various activities like purchasing an employment newspaper, magazines (related to MPSC/UPSC), discussion on the various fields and carrier opportunities etc.
- To develop the subject knowledge and interest, the department plan to arrange the guest lecture of eminent faculty members and experts.
- To develop the student’s interest in the research, various projects on advanced topics of the research will be carried out.
- The department proposes to organize UGC/University/DST/College sponsored conferences, seminars and workshops in Mathematical Sciences.
- Teachers would be encouraged to undertake research activities and get the financial assistance for minor and major research projects.